Scheduling Fridays!?!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dr Red Shift, Apr 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Tell em that mowing on Thursdays is better as you will be able to mow on Fridays if it rains on Thusday...that way you won't disturb them on the weekend when they are trying to be outside-

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Same here, I use monday as a mulch, cleanup, sales, or non-route work. Then tues., wed., thur, are mowing and friday will be a rain day. I do this so that I won't have to work on a sat. I have been working on fridays lately to get mulch jobs done but really want to keep work to 4 days a week.

3. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT LawnSite Senior Member

we mow thursdays and fridays only--all residential and everyone wants to look good for the weekend.....Monday-Wednesday landscaping and enhancements--if we anticipate rain we ll mow wednesday and sometimes we work saturdays

4. Mountain Peak

Mountain Peak LawnSite Member

I only mow close to my own house on Friday, and have customers that have been with me for a long time that want those few slots. I try to be done by 1 or 2 pm on Friday so I can make fun of the guys "working for the man" I love having a beer and loving life on Friday early afternoon.

5. BOSS LAWN 2343

BOSS LAWN 2343 LawnSite Senior Member

I schedule all my higher paying res. propertys for Friday. Businesses and apartments are done on Sunday (closed).

6. J & D Greens

J & D Greens LawnSite Senior Member

I mow on Monday through Thursday and save Friday to catch-up from rain delays and to do odd jobs. My wife wants me to take Saturday and Sunday off with an occasional Friday. That would be a perfect week wouldn't it?? I do have some clients that request Thursday so their lawn looks good on the week end and my commercial account wants to be cut earlier in the week. So thing come together pretty well.

7. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i only have one scheduled yard on friday so far. i guess i'm just not that full of customers yet. that leaves me room for catchup if there's rain or whatever. sometimes i do that yard on thursday and just take friday off so i can have a long weekend. :D

8. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

I just say- "Sorry, I can't accomodate requests for specific days." Lost a customer last week over it.

9. milkie62

milkie62 LawnSite Senior Member

I tell customers that Friday is reserved for rain days,unless they want me cutting at 7 am on Saturday or Sunday if it rains during the week.I do not cut on weekends,but that is what I say to them.

10. LHS Lawns

LHS Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I leave Friday open for landscaping projects or to catch up if I get rained out during the week.

I also have my own 3 acre yard to cut so that usually gets done on that day.

Nothing like getting all caught up on the customer cutting come Friday.