Scheduling Fridays!?!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dr Red Shift, Apr 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

anyone who demands friday mowing service is or will become a pita-you can count on this!

2. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

Dang!!!! (For lack of better words!)
    Am i the only one who actually schedules cuts 5 days a week?!?!!?? (Mon-Fri)

3. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

I mow Monday thru Thursday. Friday is a catch up day for rain and the like or overflow from aeration, fert/spray, etc.

4. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I started last year not working on fridays. When someone ask I just say that I'm booked up already. And I too book by area only.

5. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

1 Plus on 4 day weeks at 10 hour days. Friday is catch up day or project days.

We start our Commerical accounts on Mondays as this is as important to them as Fridays are to Residential accounts. We get rain everyone is shifted one day. We do not skip then back track. Once in a while the guys get 3 day weekends.

6. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

I only have two clients who requested Thurs or Fri cuts. They are my best clients.
    I don't think it's unreasonable that people want their lawns to look nice for the one or two days a week that they actually have time to enjoy their lawn with their families.

Heh. I tried keeping Wed and Sat open for doing "project" work, or as catch up for rain days, but I find that I'm adding more mowing on Wednesdays, so yeah, I'm mowing mostly 5-6 days a week.

7. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

that's an easy one. don't take requested days.

either I cut it when it fits in my schedule or I don't cut it at all. that's how I roll any way.

8. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

Pretty much what we do. Landscape on Monday and Tuesday and then mow Wednesday/Thursday/Friday. Most of what I do on Wednesday is smaller residentials, usually older people that don't really care when it gets done. It just so happens that the ones that the day doesn't really matter are in the same area. Thursdays we do all the high-end stuff that want it done for the weekend, and Friday is a mix of both. We do the commercial accounts on either saturday or sunday mornings starting this year. We're going to this because that way they get done and look good on monday morning and also theres no cars in the parking lots to worry about having to go around, blow under or damage.

9. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I suppose I need a new class for retail store sites other than commerical. *trucewhiteflag*