Scheduling software question

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by two_planks, Mar 17, 2005.

1. two_planks

two_planks LawnSite Member

I need scheduling software badly. I need something that I can schedule a bunch of one time projects and some recuring ones. But, if I fall behind schedule because of weather, underestimating time, breakdowns, etc I need to be able to move the entire schedule ahead. Or if I get ahead I need to be able move it all back. I don't know if gopher can do this?? Anybody know of a program that will work.

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Lawn Monkey can. The ease of re-scheduling is just a few clicks. You have a screen with the days schedule jobs...let's say lawn mowing. You happened to get rained out half way through the day. Pull up your screen, hold down on the CTRL key and click on the jobs that you finished. Right click, choose "done" and click. Do the same with the jobs not completed. Click reschedule, by default the next days date will show. Click on this if you want to rescedule them the next day or enter the new date. Very simple. You can also do things like sort you clients by title of jobs, income received, cancelled clients....and a host of other options. Download the trial version and give it a whiz. Most all sceduling softwares have a free trial version. The bad thing is, it takes some time to get the hang of them. You could get you four or five of the most popular ones and schedule all the same clients and jobs in each.

Good luck

3. billc

billc LawnSite Member

CLIP software gives you at least three options:

it automatically re-schedules a missed job for the next day.

If you want to manually reschedule, you can enter a new date

Also, CLIP will show you a screen with an entire week's work, and you can drag and drop a job from one day to a different day.

4. walker-talker

from Midwest

LM will show you week or whatever time span you desire to see (as I am sure Clip will do also). But you can't do the drag and drop thing, but that would convenient!

5. two_planks

two_planks LawnSite Member

Do any of them have the capability for me to schedule a job to happen the day after another job in finished. That way I could just update the date on my most recent job and everything else would reschedule.

6. walker-talker

from Midwest

Like if you had a Monday job that didn't get done for whatever reason, could you schuffle all the jobs down a day? I don't think on Lawn Monkey you can, but that would be very useful and save some time if you had 30 jobs outlined for each day....like we do with mowing.

7. vharrison2

vharrison2 LawnSite Member

We used Lawn Monkey for a couple of years, but when the new office administer could not grasp it, the lawn maintenance manager set up the schedual in Microsoft Outlook and it works great. You can print your work orders from there and bill accordingly.

8. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

VHarrison2, could you email me a copy of what that file or schedule looks like? My email is norcottinc@aol.com. Thanks.

9. vharrison2

vharrison2 LawnSite Member

I emailed you :)

10. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi two_planks,

Yes Gopher can, when you schedule a job, use the 'simple' method.