1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Scheduling software thread

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Desertdweller

Desertdweller LawnSite Member

Try Hindsite. More expensive but does a lot more. Tried QExpress and quit using it.
  2. Seems like I checked that one out once. I run a Mac and use QBs 2006 for the Mac. I'm going to call them as well. Thanks
  3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I've used QXpress for a few years now. I wouldn't say it is irrigation specific, but it does well for my needs. Pretty happy with it. I don't use it to it's full abilities though.
  4. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

Signed up for Hindsite last week, have my first training session tomorrow. You take 20hrs of training before using the software. They are running a special now if you are interested. You pay $200 and you are good til April. So you can get familiar with the software in the off season. And it helps them since everyone usually gets it right before the season starts and they get backed up. Here is my setup. $99 month x 12. Plus $50 a month for each additional license used for each tech or foreman. The additional ones can be turned on and off, so you just have to have the $99 monthly fee year round and the extra one when you need them.
  5. Sounds good. Keep us posted I'm going to call them manana.
  6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

7. Well not exactly. I'm looking to use mini computers, PDAs? laptops, out in the field to do invoicing, scheduling, customer info, feedback, and have the information loaded into QBKs automatically to avoid double entry time. These companies are third party softwares recommended by QBKs. I could easily grow by 20-30% a year if I had a mechanism in place for growth. I don't canvass my customers for followup appts, do no advertising except selective stuff, and yet I can't keep up with what pours in between Henry and myself and another sub. Hint folks, if you are any good at service work Dallas is a great place to be.
  8. Desertdweller

Desertdweller LawnSite Member

We have had a few sessions so far. This week we train on our smart phones. So far very impressed.
  9. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

Today we basically got it installed, had a few problems but got through it. We are opting for Tablets PC's instead of the smart phones. Hope I don't regret that.