scheduling software witch one is the best

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lastdollar, Dec 5, 2009.

1. lastdollar

lastdollar LawnSite Member

to Meany to choose from any recommendation's

2. Google Calendar ;) Completely adjustable number of days, e-mail reminders or texts to your phone. Works for me but, I'm a small operation.

3. andyslawncare

andyslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Gopher is the best I've used.
    http://www.gophersoftware.com/ it costs $100, its worth it.
    LOTS OF INFO HERE...
    Keeps track of all clients and their info & special instructions for the crew. Maintenance accounts can be scheduled for a one time service or on any schedule that you want to set (Ex: every week, once per month, etc.). It keeps track of what you charge and after you complete a job you can mark it as completed, or drag uncompleted jobs to another day and they will show up as postponed so you know to get them first. You can generate invoices after you mark a job as complete and print them from that screen---very useful to us, just push print and all invoices are printed. You can also write up estimates that look pretty good. You can also set up your frequently used materials and the cost to you and the customer so in the estimate or invoice you can just state how many units you used and it will calculate it all. This software can handle many different crews' schedules once you get to the point to need that feature. You can also track your expenses, chemical accounts and chemical inventory, equipment maintenance, employee info, accounts receivable, and reports for anything stated above.

4. kemco

kemco LawnSite Senior Member

I started using LawnPro this year. It's ok, but seems to have some glitches - or it could be user error. Main problem was it would seem to pull what I charge for some lawns into others... almost like over riding what I had put into the system as the default charge. Dont know what is going on there. One more con is it is a system sucker. It runs slow on my 2.6GHtz with almost 300MB RAM, when it is the only program running. Also costs around 100. Im looking for a better system myself.

5. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been using Gopher for 9 1/2 years.
    Older version, but still works good.

6. lastdollar

lastdollar LawnSite Member

thinks allot gopher it is

7. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

clip. works for us.

8. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

I've used Quickbooks for years and have had schds on Excel. How well does Gopher work with QB's ....for the price it looks like a good deal!

9. BILLMASTER

BILLMASTER LawnSite Member

10. Hard Worker

Hard Worker LawnSite Member

Does anyone use Gopher with QB's?