Scheduling Software?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by KSLawnandLand, Feb 28, 2006.

1. KSLawnandLand

KSLawnandLand LawnSite Member

Hello, I'm glad I found this site and forum. I'm going to love using this and interfacing with other lawn care/landscape professionals. My business is growing quite quickly and the season starts here in a couple weeks so I'm looking for recommendations on scheduling software both for jobs and employees. I will be hiring even more than last year and to save me from making up manual schedules I'm in need of some automation. I've looked at Gopher and Groundskeeper Pro but I'm not sure they will be able to give me good employee scheduling like being able to print out individual daily and weekly schedules. I'd love to use them if they do though. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
  2. jblawns123

jblawns123 LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome, interesting name.

Both those programs are decent, for basic needs.

Your ultimate combo will be Quickbooks for billing/accounting and Qxpress by alocet for routing/scheduling.
  3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I have tried Gopher and found it simple, affordable, but limiting. I tried GP also, but hated the navigation. I don't use Quickbooks, but if you do, I would try Qxpress by Alocet. I personally went with Lawn Monkey by Alocet. It's falls in the medium price range of $850, but I found it easy to use and very powerful. The only con to Lawn Monkey is the $300 a year for upgrades, but with that you get 60 minutes of tech support which can rollover each year. Right now I have about 5 hours worth of tech support. Most all of them have free demos available, but you better hurry, spring is right around the corner.
  4. KSLawnandLand

KSLawnandLand LawnSite Member

Thank you for you replies. Yeah, I wasn't too impressesed with Gopher or GP. I'm looking for something a litlte more robust. I don't use QB yet, still using Quicken, but I might be switching soon. I'll check out Lawn Monkey, (speaking of an interesting name) :)

JB- the name comes from my location - KANSAS. I can see why you mentioned it though :)
  5. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

If you do make the switch to QB, I would recommend QXpress as well. It's great for scheduling and batch invoicing. I use the standard version which provides the basic scheduling/invoicing features. You get more features with the other versions, job costing, etc. It depends on what you want to spend and what you need out of the program.
  6. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

I agree ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  7. RandyMidd

RandyMidd LawnSite Member

I bought Alocet's QXpress last week. I selected Platinum because I have a use for the advanced custom reports it'll make for me.

If you use QuickBooks, QXpress is the one.

As someone already said, Alocet also makes Lawnmonkey for those who don't want the QBs integration.

Tip: Watch the movies online to familiarize yourself with the software, then you won't be lost when you do the online demo.
    Tip: You'll get a 10% discount towards your purchase when you do the demo.
    Tip: You don't need to pay the $295 annual fee if you don't want regular updates or support. Some support and the first update are included in your purchase price.

8. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 LawnSite Senior Member

Double Ditto Qxpress. Bought mine 1 month ago went gold. Excellent :clapping: Just started to actually get some daily use other than set up on all contracts that came in. I'm looking forward to do my billing on the 15th.