Scheduling Software

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SLC LLC, Apr 7, 2006.

1. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Ok - I know that everyone is going to tell me to use the search button at the top of the screen; however, I have already done that and did not really find much that specifically answered my questions. I am looking for a scheduling software to use. I already have a program, and am very happy using it, that will create invoices and reports and all that jazz. Just looking strictly for scheduling. Here is the twist though - there are several clients that are on bi-weekly schedules, or even every ten days scheduling. Is there a software that will allow me to assign this to that particular client without having to make a mental note of it. Do these programs allow you to take into account weather and push back a day or so. And last question - can the schedule be adjusted say if a new client calls and wants mowed the next day or something along those lines?
    Thanks for everyones help. I know this is a very busy time for all of us, and I appreciate you providing me with your time and knowledge.

2. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

Grounskeeper pro I use it and like it very much but I have not tried other programs. It lets you do lots of different things but there a few things more I wish it did.They Have a free sample that you can download and try for as long as you want but it only allows three customers info on sample. I cant find the link to it right now but it is made by adkad technologies.

3. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

This software is very basic, but I have been able to use it to get started. Its called Mozilla Sunbird. You can schedule people on a bi weekly and 10 day basis. (I have the same types of customers) I would buy some good software if you have alot of clients, but if you are just getting started this software is priced very well (Free). Just google Mozilla Sunbird.

4. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the info guys. I will check into these. We are talking a couple of hundred clients weekly. Been doing it with the good 'ol pen and paper. Like my dad says - this never fails. It doesn't, which he is correct, but the time factor is miserable. Anyone else with comments? Thanks again.

5. FiremanDud

FiremanDud LawnSite Member

I work part time and Lawn Pro Software is a great little program for all my needs. Check it out www.lawnprosoftware.com Invoice's to scheduling weekly and bi weekly all for 54 dollars.

6. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

For the money lawnpro can't be beat.

7. lawnsplus

lawnsplus LawnSite Member

Just use outlook....

8. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

What's wrong with using WORKS??? It comes with your WINDOWS

9. hoyboy

hoyboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Chicago

I have several thousand dollars invested in Clip and am very happy with it, but if all you're looking for is something that will bill bi-weekly, just about any $50 software will get it done.

10. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member