scheduling software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by devinraptor, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I have no problem performing back ups of my PC data and all data should be backed up.

The upside to subscriptions is often lower initial cost and no updates or updates required.

This concept works well with design software like raincad.... you would often buy a new or upgrade every 3 to 5 years. With the subscription you alsways have the latest data base of irrigation parts used in the design.

I subscribe to the on-line billing and merchant services through Quickbooks but I am seriously considering dropping it as I have to consider cutting cost. I can still e-mail invoices through QB but the clients would have to mail me a check or they could use quick pay through chase. This would likely save me 100 a month for the few residential clients that I have. My commecial customers use EFT and checks.

2. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

no updates???

what software are you using. lawnaid is constantly updating and improving there software.

in fact no software comes out 100% perfect from day one.

3. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

The second update should read up grade. My intended statement is you do not need to buy a new version of software when you subscribe..... The long term cost is about the same in the two models.

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't recommend it, they have been going downhill the last few years.

Yes

You sound like an infomercial. Or a rep.

But I will still check it out, I am looking for something other than QX.

No, it isn't just you Dave. I understand their reasoning, it's another revenue stream because they don't sell as many packages as something like QB. But it really sucks. And the way QX is setup, it's basically extortion. I don't like monthly or annual reoccurring charges. I like QB, upgrade at your choice whenever you want. Or don't.

I'll check out a few of the suggested programs.

With regards to the net based programs and backing up data, that's a piss poor reason. You should be backing everything up anyways, regularly.

5. coolluv

coolluv LawnSite Gold Member
    from Atlanta

Does Lawnaid sync with Quickbooks?

Dave...

6. Picture Perfect Landscape

Picture Perfect Landscape LawnSite Member

Service Autopilot. New update coming out in less than a month and it will kill everything else including jobber...

Scheduling, invoicing, charging cards, and closing out day with statistically data for each property can be done in less than 10 min for everything, assuming you are using up to date technology.

7. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

I've never come across having to buy a new version of lawn software when they upgrade.

before lawnaid I used lawn pro made by the same people. updates where free. the only one that wasn't was when it went from lawn pro 3 to lawn pro 4 and that was a major overhaul.

not that I'm aware of but I believe they are working on that.

with lawnaid you really don't need quickbooks.

8. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm so excited for S.A. new release....can't wait for a mobile app we can install and then sync whenever we have a good data connection....should be awesome next year!

9. rog9401

rog9401 LawnSite Member

Gopher software works great for me.

10. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

So I have it pretty much to Real Green, hindsite, S A or Desco.

Sounds like S A has a great program but hard to get particulars from the website. Not sure I like buying a product and having my client info on a cloud hosted by a direct competitor 30 miles away.

Desco has the advantage with GPS truck mounted systems. The guys do not have to clock in or out because the Geo Fence does it. Other benifits is fuel tracking, fuelman card linked to trucks and such. Weakness seems to be the squirt and fert is not there like it is on SA.

Still reading and will likely make a move in a few weeks.