scheduling your jobs

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by PatriotLandscape, Jun 29, 2007.

1. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

What software are you using to control your crews and schedule?

I am looking for something that will print work orders and keep track of multi-day jobs.

2. PatriotLandscape

from MA

so no one uses any software?

3. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

You need to supply us more info.

Are you looking for something that tracks and compares actual production hrs vs. estimated hrs?

Are you looking to track if the job is profitable?

Are you looking for something that does the scheduling?

In the construction biz, I just use a dry erase calender board for scheduling our jobs.

But I know many people in the lawn care (fert & squirt) biz, often use software to schedule their routes.

I have my own program that I created to track our production hrs for each individual job. It will also track material expenses and will tell me if we are over or under. It also tells me the NET profit. Workin on gettin it developed into an actual software application, so I can market it.

4. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Work faster. And send me a demo.

:D

5. fknippenberg

fknippenberg LawnSite Member

Clip with its project module will do what your looking for...

Scheduling
    Work Orders
    Load Lists
    etc...

6. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Mark,
    Check your pm i sent you.
    Mike

7. Mike33

What size is your company?
    Mike

8. PatriotLandscape

from MA

right now we are at six employees and running two crews. We use a dry erase calendar at the moment but I have been looking into qxpress for the scheduling aspect which seems like it would minimize data-entry.

9. Mike33

Sorry Patriot i would be the worst for advise. Im at 3-4 1 crew. We do new yard installs and srw's. I only split my crew twice this season.
    Mike

10. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

Right now I'm using two dry erase boards- one for daily scheduling (usually schedule on Friday for the following week, though half of the time it's all been blown to h*ll by Tuesday afternoon!), the other listing upcoming jobs.

For construction scheduling, I don't think I need anything else at the moment. However, it would be nice to have something tell me when we need to make a visit to one of our landscape maintenance sites.

We've been running 2-3 different directions each day now since mid-April. We are up to 5 daily guys, one part-time high school kid, plus one or both of the owners that can be worked into the schedule....

Scheduling has it's headaches, but my biggest issue right now is getting through the daily time sheets and recording them in the computer!!