1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by cclllc, Dec 14, 2002.

1. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

I need a simple method of scheduling my customers.I was using clip till it crashed.It is an old version and I am not going to reorder it.I was thinking of maybe a "palm" device or just a cheap program.I have quickbooks for the accounting side of the biz.Any suggestions?Thanks,john
  2. hlgmoney

hlgmoney LawnSite Member

I just bought a new Dell Axim. Scheduling and keeping contacts was an absolute nightmare this year. I'm going to attempt to be more organized this time around.
  3. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Haven't you ever heard of backing up your system. I do mine every day. I'm not a clip fan, but will only say that Lawn Monkey has done great for me. If you use Quickbooks, you may want to try QBExpress (same outfit ALOCET.COM) They are a sponsor on this forum. You could also check out arbor gold, greenskeeper and others.
    Good Luck

4. Mr_Marc

Mr_Marc LawnSite Member

If you have Microsoft works installed on you your computer it has a calendar that you can set reoccurring appointments

I beleive MS outlook NOT outlook express has a scheduler included.

I'm thinking of going to the palm pilot in the future, but I have to come up with other uses for it to justify buying it.

Hope this helps.
  5. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

After re-reading your post, definately check out QBExpress. The program can download schedule to palm and re-upload at days end.

6. cclllc

Yes I do backups and very often,since the virus attacked my pc.I have 4 backups .1 on "c" drive ,1 on floppy,1 on zip,and 1 on a removable hd.I know that is alot of bkups but after what I went through getting my data back it is worth the extra 2 min. to do it.
    I don't really understand how to do backups in clip.
  7. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

You might want to try looking at GroundsKeeper Pro from www.adkad.com , I have had good luck with it and would recommend it to any small to medium sized business, and it costs a lot less than CLIP or Lawn Monkey ...
  8. GrassCtr

GrassCtr LawnSite Member
    from south

Unless you want to loose all you data renewing the Clip contract may be the best deal. MS outlook 2002 has a good scheduling program.
  9. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a paper schedule for every day of the week and a clip board. Then kept the contact info in Quick Books. I had the primary phone number on the schedule and all other info was in QB.
    Worked for me for 6 years. Cheap too.
  10. cclllc

I can do most of them in my head but it's the irregulars that throw me off...10 day,14 day schedules.I used pen and paper for years.I guess clip spoiled me but all I need is a cheap sch.program because I use quickbooks.I may look at qbexpress too.Thanks.john