1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Schematic for Pavers Over Concrete Steps

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Dreams To Designs, May 21, 2006.

1. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone have a drawing of a paver installation over existing concrete steps or landings. I have encountered a town that wants a permit and a drawing for installing pavers over an existing set of steps and landings. I have checked ICPI with no luck. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it. Looks like I may be drawing this one myself.

Kirk

2. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Check the ICPI Site ..they may have something

3. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

4. Drafto

Drafto LawnSite Senior Member

No Kirk, I do not have a drawing but it would be easy to make one. I do have some photos though:

DSC04121.jpg

DSC04124.jpg

5. Dreams To Designs

Dan, thanks. I have those pictures and many more like them, but the inspector asked for a drawing, so that is what he will get. Kris's links gave me what I need to get started and I will create a scaled overhead plan for the steps and landing, and I will be good. How about with your pics, you offer a description of construction?

By the way, Nice Job! Very clean.

Kirk

6. Drafto

Drafto LawnSite Senior Member

I actually have some step by step photographs showing how it is done.....a well known and knowledgeable contractor gave me the photos to use as a guide!

Dan

7. Dreams To Designs

And would consider sharing that information with others, so that we may too, learn? I still have to do the drawing for the inspector, but the photos would be great learning aids.

If I had your CAD skills, I could have had this done by now, but I'm going out into my own garden.

Kirk