1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Scholten Landscape

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by scholtendm, Jan 20, 2014.

1. scholtendm

scholtendm LawnSite Member

Yes. we prefer the walk behinds on most all lawns..the lazers are great on big flat open lawns and thats about it. most our crews pick the walk behinds over the lazers. we also find some of our crew leaders get a pit lazy sitting down all day.
    by far best cut from a mower that we have had is from an Exmark turf tracer hands down.
    The Grandstands do a nice job as well but the strips and cut are not that of a tracers.

We can also get more mowers onto our trailers using the walk behinds.

Hope this helps you out!

2. scholtendm

A few from one of our crew leaders

butter.jpg

church2.jpg

dougs.jpg

mowing 2.jpg

mowing.jpg

3. gdguth

gdguth LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Very nice strips! Do you have a stripe kit on the turf tracers? What height you cutting at? You cut mostly blue grass? I also run turf tracers, but can come no where near that defined of a strip. I also don't ever run the same strip or even alternate, I just try and make a fresh one each week, so I am not rutting at all. Also, I have a mulch kit on mine, so I am not getting as much lift either. Yours look great!! You are correct about the excellent cut the turf tracers leave. Wow, if I could get my stripes to look that good I would try and make stripes like I used to. I just lazy i guess and stopped worrying about the stripes, but maybe I should start again. Keep up the great work.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  4. scholtendm

No strip kits then tend to get too beat up.we do switch our cuts weekly but when we do cut same line we off set the tires each time to stop rutting. Good sharp blades and we cut around 3.5-4 . We sharpen our blades every other day.thanks for checking us out. Its fun talking to you all ask any questions you have. Its awesome to talk grass gives me hope in all this snow LOL.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Cody S

Cody S LawnSite Senior Member

Grass looks good man, gotta love how bluegrass stripes. More snow on the way this weekend lol, can't wait to go through the equip and start cutting again!

6. landscaper5

landscaper5 LawnSite Member

Killing it man! Keep up the good work!
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. landscaper5

landscaper5 LawnSite Member

Btw I really like you're hardscape's.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Really nice work and nice shop too.

9. scholtendm

Thanks guys! I will try to get some pics of the mowers and rigs as soon as i can find some or snap some. our shop guys are going through our handhelds and backpacks now the we will move onto the mowers. We go through everything from trucks to handhelds everything gets looked over cleaned repaired and ready for the season.
    Here is a fast pic i just took this is our repair shop it gets kinda messy this time of year. this is some of our whips.
    our repair shop is 40x60 fully heated with small kitchen area and some couches .

whips.jpg

10. scholtendm

Thanks bud !!