School Is Now In Session Drive Carefully

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meathead1134, Sep 5, 2007.

1. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

Greetings everybody,

I just wanted to say that the school buses are out in full force, Please drive safely. Today was basically the first day for alot of area schools up here in my area. I already saw a white van blow by a school bus with the red lights flashing. Please be careful!

Mods: Please leave this thread here.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Also, watch out for all those 'rookie bus drivers' some of them are a bit shaky on those tight intersections...
  3. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

And those cops that are hiding in the bushes with the radar they have a field day $$$$$$$ everyday here....but it for safety.....
  4. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Just today I saw a pick up blow by a school bus discharging kids.
    Really pissed me off big time - but as I was getting the woman's license number a local deputy sheriff beat me to it.
    My mother drove a school bus for over eleven years and some of my most fond memories of this time is when I would accompany her on her runs and she would let me and the other kids operate the lights/signs at stops.
    When I was a cop, for me to write a ticket was really an event - as my patrol sergeant and lieutenant always complained about. I only made quote once but I had one hard and fast rule, blow by a bus that was discharging kids and I was automatically writing at least one ticket, no warnings, no listening to sob stories, zip - you got cited period - end of story.
    I actually had a young lady, late twenties pulled over and her mother started complaining of "chest pains". I called for the paramedics and kept writing the citation. While in court this girl attempted to defend the ticket by saying she was transporting her mother to the local hospital at the time. I pointed out two salient facts to the judge, one was that the girl had just PASSED the local hospital, and two that the "chest" pains occurred after the stop.
    The citation stood and the girl had to pay not only for the citation but court costs as well.
    I have seen way too many kids become bumper bait from @#$hole drivers to feel any sympathy on this one.
  5. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with this 1
  6. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

wow... ours have been back in school for like 3 weeks here.

i too will write anyone running a school bus with it's stop sign out, or a school zone. not having court in the street, don't want to hear their story for why they did it. sign at the X and press real hard so it gets on all the copies.
  7. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

lol I haven't rode the bus in almost a year but he ahs been our driver for a long time and still is not very good! He took someones mirror off yesterday. School being in session stinks:cry:
  8. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

DO NOT GO Shopping at STAPLES!!!
  9. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

:confused: :confused: :confused: