School Maintenance bid way to low!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Penscape Landscaping, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Penscape Landscaping

Penscape Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I bid on some of the schools in my area and loss the bid. These bids were lower than i expected. I had a few 3 years ago and was doing them cheap for what it had envolved. I get the list in the mail today and these bids are crazy. The winner of two of the 3 contracts bid 19 acres at 170.00 per cut. $100 dallors less than the next lowest. I did this account 3 years ago for 275 per and did not profit much. Keep in mind you have to be licienced and insured to do these properties. He also won another at 195 for about 13 acres! good luck this year guys!!!

2. freshcut419

freshcut419 LawnSite Member

ges thats almost like you paying them to let you mow there grass!! I lived in south west florida for 3 years . I moved back to michigan few weeks ago I found out lawn care is much better in the north..

3. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

19 acres is a lot of mowing for only $170, that guy will be broke in no time.

4. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

thats why i hate bidding on new accounts .. i placed a bid for 69 acres at 1,970 a cut the winning bid $1,410.
    its a 3 year contract i was going use 2 lazer z mowers and a tractor with a 10 ft deck . i would have have made a nice profit off the job . the guy that won is using a ztr and an old outfront mower promaster 300. I was planning on expanding this year but if this is what i am up against i will just staying solo with part time help..

5. itsallaboutthestripes

itsallaboutthestripes LawnSite Member

I hear ya. We lost a commercial account that has 2 buildings with sidewalks all the way around. The mowing only takes about 20 min but has about 45 min of trimming. The parking lot has a fence that you have to weed eat both sides of running the full lenghth of the parking lot and the guy will do it for 30 bucks. keep in mind the times I gave are for 2 guys cutting while the other guy starts to trim. Then everyone trims and blows.

6. 1wezil

1wezil LawnSite Senior Member
    from tn

this guy must have lost his mind , if not he may lose his mowers for cutting at that price i hope he has a real job to live on !!!!!!!!!!!

7. meadow2

meadow2 LawnSite Member

those guys will lose their ass this season where we are mowing is 50 bucks an acre i love under cutters with no ins i carrry 3milllion let them pay 4 it and figure profits from there

8. meadow2

meadow2 LawnSite Member

those guys will lose their ass this season where we are mowing is 50 bucks an acre i love under cutters with no ins i carrry 3milllion let them pay 4 it and figure profits from there

9. meadow2

meadow2 LawnSite Member

would lguys that ove to hear from that run a buissness