School me on 36" wbs.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RLS24, Oct 8, 2007.

1. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

So, im looking into purchasing a 36" to start out with for next year. I've done some research on the manufacturer's websites and heres what i've come up with so far:

Toro 30694 T-bar 14hp Kawasaki
    seems like the T-bar design would be a lot easier to maneuver and it seems like a tried-and-true design.

Scag SW36A-16KAI 16hp Kawasaki
    a lot of people on here seem to like Scag, and I see a lot of people locally using them as well

Bob Cat 15hp Kawasaki
    I know back in the day, Ransomes/Bob Cat used to make a really good mower, and im curious to see how they are now.

Lesco 36" Kawasaki
    doesnt seem like too many people talk about Lesco on here. I see a lot of local guys using them but i have heard they are REALLY expensive too

So, based on that, give me some opinions on those mowers. I've pretty much narrowed it down to those ones, the prices are right (i have a limmited budget) and for the type of work im going to be doing, the 36" seems like it would be right. thanks in advance!

2. VP Landscape LLC

VP Landscape LLC LawnSite Member

i just bought a 07 hustler trimstar WB 36, and i absolutely love it. I have picked up 3 lawns these past 2 weeks from people liking how nicely cut the yards were, hustler put together a great mower here and im very happy with the mower so far.

3. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

toro tbar hands down! it is the easiest control system ever!

4. jdogg399

jdogg399 LawnSite Member

I would go with exmark 36 metro belt drive unless you want hydro. I have own two of them. Stripes great and never had a problem with either one.