1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

School me on nozzles please?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by j_nolesfan, May 7, 2007.

1. j_nolesfan

j_nolesfan LawnSite Member

Ok, I want to extend the reach of a couple of my rotors but just a tad (a few feet here and there). I've got the Rainbird 5000 series. I'm surprised at how expensive and hard to find they are. The best price I can find is around $4 per tree after shipping. bLowes sells the 42 SA nozzles for $1.78 a tree but they don't fit 5000 rotors (found out the hard way). I can't make another purchase from the distributor without a lot more red tape. Home Depot doesn't even carry 42 SA nozzles, let alone 5000 nozzles. Does anyone know of a store chain or a good source online for the nozzles? Heck, all I really need is a bunch of number 3 nozzles and possibly one number 4 and a couple of 1.5's.

Now for the school me part. I assUme the low angle nozzles are mainly for windy conditions to reduce overspray and pattern distortion. Is that correct? What about the MPR nozzles? They seem to eat up a lot more GPM than the standard "Rain Curtain" nozzles. I'm just so cornfused...:dizzy:
  2. Mr. Vern

Mr. Vern LawnSite Senior Member

I'll check our trailer and see if we have a few lying around that I can send you.
  3. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

That's pretty much what low angle nozzles are for.
  4. mikecaldwell1204

mikecaldwell1204 LawnSite Member

Go to your local john Deere and theyll gladly give you all the nozzles you could ever want.