School

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by sessions, Jun 1, 2005.

1. sessions

sessions LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Hi,
    Does anyone know of any colleges that have landscaping courses? I have been searching in New England and have not had any luck.
    Thanks

2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Th4re are several good programs. Texas A&M for turf, Purdue, U of A, ASU Morision school of agribusiness (golf division), University of Michigan has a good turf program. I think some schools in Florida and Georgia also have turf programs. Are you looking of landscape/golf course construction, turf maintenance, horticulture? CAD landscape architecture? As for specifically East Coast I don't know of any. In fact I met a Morriosn student that came here from Boston, maybe that was why he was here although he did not mention it.

3. Jamesgateslandscaping

Jamesgateslandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Thompson School at UNH is a good school, will be attending in the fall.
    Thanks
    James

4. sessions

sessions LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Thank you.
    I am thinking more along the lines of every day landscapping for houses. I already do spring and fall clean up, have several homes that I keep the lawns.I want a school in New England since that is where I plan on staying after school, and would like to be able to keep the customers I already have.

5. sessions

sessions LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Thanks! I have just looked at their website and it looks very promising! I graduate high school next year, and will look into Thompson School at UNH a lot more.

6. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

Umass has their stockbridge turf management school, I went to high school with some kids on Cape Cod that went their and work at golf courses on the cape. I know some landscapers that graduated from their, its suppose to be a really good school.