school!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by youngbuck, Jan 31, 2006.

1. youngbuck

youngbuck LawnSite Member

earlier in the year i was debating on weather or not to got to school for landscape and turf design. im very glad that i made the choice to go to school. there is know way that i would have learned as much about turf by doing it then going to school. dont get me wrong i know their will be some things that school cant teach me but so far it has been a blast. so for anyone out their debating weather or not to go to school i say do it!

2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

i remember the conversation we had.... education is somthing no one can take away from you........ i thought that after you gave it a chance you might see the light and you did....... you a very smart young man, and you should do very well...:drinkup:

besides, owens is a fun little school to go to...

3. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

Good to hear :waving:
    Were these non-credited courses?

kc

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

don't forget to have fun while you're up there. I did the school/business thing for 4 years and I reallly missed out on the partys and such.

5. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I commend your decision about going to school.

If your parents paid taxes for your high school education, have them ask for their money back on the spelling classes.

6. youngbuck

You don't have to be a good speller to be a well educated person, and well rounded. Dave thanks for the advice. You helped me with my final decision. some people on here are so negative.

7. youngbuck

no they are credited courses i hope to have my landscaping turf degree in another year.

8. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

I am inclined to disagree with that. People will begin judging you based on paper and they will not be impressed by confusion of there and their and so forth. I am not trying to be negative and I am not mocking you but it is vital that you begin to understand the nuances now. In the future people will not be speaking directly to you they will be reading your documents.

9. youngbuck

thats what spell check is for lol.

10. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

He's posting on a message board....I'm sure he'll care alittle more about proper grammar when he's giving estimates and such. :D

Glad to hear your going to school for it and actually enjoy it! I'm going to be heading to college in a few years...I'm a late bloomer. I'll probably be the "old man" of all my classes.