Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eazy, Mar 25, 2004.

1. eazy

eazy LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Just wanted to know how may people attended some type of school involving landscaping management, and if so what type of courses did you attend?

Thanks for your time,
  2. z_clark

z_clark LawnSite Senior Member

I have a minor in horticulture...major in forestry. It helps with getting people to trust/listen to you. Nothing beats real world experience. Customer relations is most important in my opinion, can not really learn that.

The degree is a necessity for getting the type of customers I want, and keeping them. IMO
  3. eazy

eazy LawnSite Member
    from Texas

So after 46 views, only one reply. I am guessing everyone started out like I did, You live you Learn type of school.

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I'm currently enrolled in the Turfgrass Management program (2yr) at uconn. I've been learning a lot of stuff, nothing beats hands on, but this definitely gives a lot more depth to the information.
  5. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

I started taking OH classes when I started my business. Best thing I ever did. Id say the best classes were Arboriculture, diseases of ornamentals, pests, and irrigation. Having a good teacher makes the difference.