schulte snowblower?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by cutnchukcanuk, Jul 12, 2007.

1. cutnchukcanuk

cutnchukcanuk LawnSite Member

Any opinions of Schulte snowblowers for skid steers?

2. TonyG

TonyG LawnSite Member

I do not have any info on that brand. I am also looking for a snowblower for this coming winter, Bobcat brand is what I've been looking into. They bought out a company called Erskine, which they still make with that name along with there Bobcat label and I believe they make the snowblower for Quick-Attach. Great quality...I'm just going to go with the best used price I can find on one of those three.

3. cutnchukcanuk

I remember ksss saying that he had an Erskine blower and was happy with the performance. I know a guy who knows a guy that has a Schulte 7400 that he may be selling, I don't know any more than that at this point. I think this unit would be a little big for my machine, but if the price is right? TonyG you shouldn't have any trouble finding used eqiupment. It seems to me from looking online the PA is loaded all kinds of used stuff. I am a bit jealous actually!:drinkup:

4. TonyG

TonyG LawnSite Member

Where did you see this used equipment online in Pa? I wasn't aware we had alot of that here.

5. cutnchukcanuk

I don't recall company names, but many times when searching used items such as a 4in1 or other attachments PA often came up. I didn't pay much attention due to the distance for me.

6. TonyG

TonyG LawnSite Member

I'll mess around with Google and see what I come up with...thanks!

7. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I am almost positive that Erskine is not a Bobcat company. Erskine and Quick attach are the same company. The Shulte 7400 model number does correspond with Quick Attach model numbers. I had a 73'' 2418 on an 1840 high flow. It takes about all it has but if you go slow on the first pass and then take about 3/4's of the blower width after that your alright.

8. cutnchukcanuk

I didn't realize that Erskine and Quik Attach were 1 in the same. Erskine seems to have a solid rep so that would bump Q attach up a few notces for me. Schulte lists both a 7400 (74") and a 6200 (62") for skid steers with quik attach. I don't have hi flow and if this 7400 is I won't bother.

9. salopez

salopez LawnSite Senior Member

I dont think that Schulte makes a high flow snow blower...

10. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

The blower I ran this winter was a Quick Attach high flow model. Great blower especially if you skid steer has factory attachment controls on the joy sticks (like the 440 had that was on blower). Erskine and Quick Attach also make low flow blowers I cant speak for Shulte.