Schweiss anyone?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOW ED, Sep 3, 2001.

1. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I was going thru my old info on mowers and found a flyer from this company. Does anyone own one of these? I have all the prices and specs. It comes with Kohler or Onan gas or Lister Petter or Yanmar diesel. They claim it cuts 2 foot grass in one pass.
    It has lots of options and the prices in 95 were between 7700.00 and 12842 for the diesel. They made a belly and a front with decks of 50, 60 and 72 inches. They even sell their own trailer.

This company was/is out of Sherburn Minnesota.

So how about it, does anyone have one?

I have a picture and I will e-mail it to you because even though it is under the 102k limit, it won't post.

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Email it to me and I'll post it for you Ed.

I have never seen one that I know of. I did see a mower that had 2 wheels, sort of like the Hustler one, but this one was red. Does anyone know what it is?

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

The reason you could not post this, it was 940 K, which is huge. I reduced it to 45 K and here it is.

[​IMG]

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks,
    I sent ya the BIG one:D

5. LJ lawn

LJ lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

i posted about these a while ago,seems you don't hear much about them,everyone is into dixie or exmark --blah blah blah etc.i spoke to the co. 2 years ago only problem there is no dealer in my area.if you want to see a cool mower check out the Dyna-Mow,40 hp yanmar diesel ,joystick control,fully hydo-(deck lift,blade spindles etc)this is quite the mowing machine.should run circles around the "big three's" crap mowers anyday.

6. WILSON BROS.

WILSON BROS. LawnSite Member

My brother used to work at a mower shop and they had one come in. It had a 25 kohler on it a seemed to be way under powered. The pumps and all the moving parts used nearly all the hp. Wasn't much left for the deck. the guy that had though loved it.

7. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member

A friend of mine uses a Schweiss on his farm here in Illinois. He's had it around ten years. It is a belly mount, steers with a joystick, is green in color, and has a Briggs & Stratton engine.

8. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

why exactly does it have just one steering lever, or is it supposed to be that way?

9. mowingmachine

mowingmachine LawnSite Senior Member

I would like to see it mow 2 foot tall grass clean in one pass. That is nearly impossible for a finish mower to do. I guess is probably would if you creeped at about a half mile hour or less and even then you would have trouble. If they have the front edge of the deck higher than the blade it would help but I don't think they have that. That is a pretty bold statement. I guess I would have to believe it to see it.

mowingmachine

10. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

our local d/c dealer sells schweiss and I tried a 30hp yanmar 72" cut and it will take tall wet grass extremly well. The only problems that we had was the overall size of the machine and it was a mid-mount. but the other problem is has no stripping ability. It's great for field mowing. By the way scweiss was sold out to B&H manufacturing.