Science Fair Project

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rhett, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

This is Rhett's daughter and I'm doing a project for school and I need to know what seed is fast germinating, because I need the plants to grow fast. If anyone can give me some help, I'd greatly appreciate it. Or if you have any other really good science fair project ideas let me know!
    Thanks!

2. Floridalandcare

Floridalandcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Tampa

Tomato! and alot of other Fruits and Vegitables.

3. Floridalandcare

Floridalandcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Tampa

Vegetables , sorry about the typo.

4. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Hey Rhetts Daughter,

My daughter done a SFP on "over the counter" weed killers last year. She basically transplanted some grass into 3 containers and took a picture. Sprayed each one with a different type of weed killer. Waited one week, took another picture, took notes. She done this for three weeks and took pictures and stuff.
    She listed the active ingredients for each product and the cost per ounce and basically showed which weed killer was the best bang for the $.

The end results were: #1 in Math and Technology out of the entire county. Yes #1 in the whole county in 7th grade Math and Technology... I was Stoked...

Good Luck with your project.

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Green Beans. They will grow anywhere, just need water and a few days. Very fast. Good luck.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, beans are very fast, also. If you wanted to do a grass, do annual rye. This is about the fastest.

7. o-so-n-so

from Alabama

Photo of medal Front

medal 002.jpg

8. o-so-n-so

from Alabama

9. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

When I was in 12th grade I did a science project where I tried to splice a certain gene into a plasmid and get it to express that gene. I ended up getting to go to the ISEF in Tulsa and won a $5000/year scholarship to college.

Stick with it.

10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

yes....annual rye grass germinates very fast