Scimitar cs for ants

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by coyoteman, Jun 24, 2007.

1. coyoteman

coyoteman LawnSite Member

Was wondering if anyone as tried the insecticide Scimitar CS. It is new to us here in Canada and was hoping someone might have some comments on it's effectiveness and control of ants. Thanks.
  2. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Yes, Scimitar kiils 'em good! Drench the mounds, then spray heavy along foundations & everywhere else you think they might be "building". We've switched to LESCO's Crosscheck 2 years ago -- good results with this as well. One prob with both products is if you get 'em rattled, and don't kill them all, some might scramble into the kitchen, etc.
  3. coyoteman

coyoteman LawnSite Member

Thanks for the response. I think i will have to give it a try. We are very limited here in Canada for pest products and look forward to having another product that works.
  4. bcomstock15

bcomstock15 LawnSite Member

I know this is an oldie, but i'm looking into using this as well. What effects does it have on the turf if you over apply it or something? anything? i've never sprayed for ants before, anything i should know? thank you.
  5. greentree

greentree LawnSite Member

Scimitar is effective on ants... but we no longer use it due to skin irritatation. We wore the appropriate clothing on the label but still had a problem with a burning sensation around the eyes. My applicators hated it. We went to using bifenthrin instead and the skin irritation went away.
  6. greentree

greentree LawnSite Member

Forgot to mention... we saw no issues on turf... it appears to be very safe from a plant phytotoxicity standpoint