score 1 for the highballer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by befnme, Jan 11, 2006.

1. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

well i went to bid 2 chain motels today and the owner of both told me what the current lco charges him . :dizzy: man i almost fell out . well i told him what i would charge .( considerably more ) and he agreed to it . i guess i am on the way to bringing the prices up here again .

2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Good for you man, Im starting to get real frustrated witht the people around here that are soooo friggin Cheap but want guys like me to provide them with reliable, high quality work. I'm getting SICK OF THIS SH*T.

Everybody wants a good price on things, im the first one in fact, but you can't work for nothing!

Im happy for you though man, I hust wish more of that was going around.

3. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

Good job for not lowballing !!!!

4. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Great Job. I had a like experience this a month ago with the county job I do. They have the option to retain the LCO for the year before for an exta year if they are happy with the job, otherwise it needs rebidding if either declines. I went to them after mowing last year and asked them for a raise, or rebid the job. They were very impressed with our quality, timeliness etc, and just wrote an amendment to the contract. I did also promise them that the raised price would be my bid next fall also, which in effect gives them a three year locked in price.

Quality sells the job and allows reasonable compensation - the county has spent 20 years using the low bidder, and getting poor jobs done. They have now adopted a philosophy of lets find someone that pleases the residents. We mow city parks, Campgrounds, Picnic areas, etc.

5. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I hope for your sake that the owner is not of Middle Eastern or Oriential decent....

6. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

wait a minute....when did little old Clinton get two motels... :laugh: :laugh: next thing you know ya'll will have a both a Burger King and a McDonalds!

7. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

lmao......i'll do ya one better we are actually gettin a ruby tuesday :confused: imagine that .lol

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Usually want happens is people say a price up front, but it is not necessarily the price that they paid. They just do it for you will match it or come lower hopefully.

9. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

You're the kind of guy that keeps us going, nice job!

10. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

maybe what he told you the other people bid in was a lie. On the other hand people see quality with a higher price normally.