1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

scored bigtime on some mulch

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by METRO 36, May 21, 2006.

1. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

I had a client that wanted some mulch advertized at lowes with a 15 year color gurantie, She wanted 200 sq feet mulched at 2 inche's deep,I figured id need 1.3 yards or a truck load, or 17 bags.So i went and looked but they were out so i stopped by menards to take a look.They just had a load of mulch delivered yesterday and they tore lots of bags i guess, because they had a huge pile of discounted mulch river rock potting soil etc, I picked up 25 bags of shredded red wood mulch for a dollar a bag, 15 bags of double shredded cypress mulch for 2.oo a bag,and 20 bags of laval rock for 2.oo apiece, and abought 10 bags of river rock for a buck a bag.

i got 40 bags of mulch for 55.00 bucks

and i got 30 bags of rock for 50.oo bucks

i just went nuts grabbing bags, anyway i figure it will come in use. For big jobs i just get it bye the yard but for small jobs were i only need a couple bags this will work real nice.

Guess i went shopping on the right day.lol