1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Scorpion FX 34"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Enforcer, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Hey everybody, does anybody own the new 34" Everride Scorpion FX. I am thinking about getting one next summer and I think it would fit into my operation quite well. Any comments, good or bad. Pictures are welcome too. Thanks!
  2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Not sure what the availability on that machine will be by next summer. ACI went bankrupt and Ariens/Gravely bought them out. If you can not find one by then, the same machine is available under the Gravely name.
  3. Lawn Enforcer

I know the ACI closure/buyout/thingy, that all aside, is it a good mower? Anybody have experience with them? Please, no comments about the closure of ACI, I just want to know about the mower. Thanks!
  4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I think you will find it is a very nice machine with a good cut. While I have not seen the Everride machine, I have seen the Gravely clone and it was very impressive. I did not get to cut with it, but the cut of the bigger Everride/Gravely stander machines is very good here in our southern grasses.
  5. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

gave it great reviews a month or two ago.

Gravely will offer it in red this year. Gravely prices should come down a bit and be in the same area as Dane and Everride.

Gravely's goal is to have Dane and Everride dealers or product procede with buisness as usual. They will keep the brands seperate like they do Ariens, Gravely, Stens, Locke......

The Gravely pricing for 08 is out and they are still considerably less then compared to Wright Stander. I think that's what someone was talking about price gouging in another post.

Even sale prices, i've found Wright Machines to be AT LEAST 10% more..

The other day I saw a 32" wright stander , 17 hp kawasaki with a recoil start, 4500 bucks. the 34 inch model in the Dane/ Gravely with the 19hp Electric start will sell for around the same price for 08.
  6. Lawn Enforcer

Well, I see more info is starting to circulate about the FX 34". Anybody got more info on these machines? I found a pic on GoogleImages. Does anybody know a ballpark figure on prices?

7. Lawn Enforcer

8. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

No thank you. If I am going to pay that much for that contraption I would rather sit my butt down on a Gravely 34Z. Oh wait I already do! I just dont see the market for a 34" stander. Actually im not sure that I even understand the reasoning behind a stander period when they are priced right there with a ZTR. I would much rather sit than stand all day and if I need something for hills its going to be a walkbehind over everything else.
  9. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

That scorpian is the same thing as the Great Dane 34" surfer. I just called a GD dealer today to get a price, they told me 5499. That seems a little high so I emailed the regional sales rep for GD that I know about the price. From what I hear The standers are nice and cut pretty good too. If you want I can let you know what I find out from my sales rep, the prices should be pretty close. Let me know.
  10. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

I agree on the price point. Standers look great at the cost of a hydro walk behind+sulky but I can't see paying rider pricing (or higher) for them.
    The $4999 52/17's were much more realistic in my opinion.