Scotts/Anderson SR-2000 Discontinued?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by sulston, Jan 3, 2007.

1. sulston

sulston LawnSite Member

Well, I finally decided to get the SR-200 over the Lesco but now I can't find anywhere that sells it. I live in Canada so I visited the Scotts Canada website and they don't even have that model listed, I then checked out the US site and same thing. I then called the Scotts international number and the lady told me it was discontinued but gave me the website for anderson golf products and said I could maybe find one there. Anyone know what's going on here because I sure don't want to buy a spreader that is discontinued. I'm real confused now, if it's so good why is it discontinued, did this lady know what she was talking about? Help please!

2. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

In Canada, these spreaders are distributed by "New Grow." Their # is 519-757-0077. :)

Vic

3. sulston

sulston LawnSite Member

I just spent about 45 minutes on the phone and about 4 1-800 numbers later I finally got the number you just gave me. From what I understand Scotts sold their professional line to Andersons and NuGro is the Canadian distributor for Andersons. I don't know what the lady from Scotts was talking about, she said it was an old model and discontinued and when I talked to lady from Andersons she said it was a relatively new model and most def not discontinued. Anyway I got the number from NuGro for the contact in my area so I still have to call him but I'm pretty sure I'm good 2 go now. Thank's so much for all your help Vic, really appreciate it, I should've just asked for your #, would've saved me some time and you seem to know more than any of these people I talked to. Thanks again, I'll post again with my review in the spring after I've tested her out. Peace.

4. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Andersons has owned Scotts for years now. My old supplier told me that about 3 years ago.

5. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

Lol.. When I was calling around, trying to find the closest dealer to you Canada, everyone I talked to, told me that they though they had just spoken to the guy I was calling for. In case it wasn't you who they were thinking of, I figured I'd better get the number for you. Anytime I can help, let me know.

Vic

6. The Ranger

The Ranger LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

O.M. Scotts and Andersons are two completely different companies, but both are headquartered in Ohio. Scotts in Marysville, Andersons in Mamuee.

7. carcrz

If that's the case, why are the parts I ordered from Scotts completely compatible w/ the Anderson spreaders. I think they have tried to keep it on the hush-hush so they don't lose any Scotts customers.

8. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

The Andersons bought only the Professional & Golf lines from Scotts which included the SR 2000.

Ironically the Scotts Lawn Service franchises don't use Scotts or Andersons fertilizer. The bags they use that are branded "Scotts" is sold by Lesco but made by Turf Care Supply....go figure.

Competition makes strange bed fellows.

9. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Just left the KCMO area, at least here in Shawnee Mission.
    I drive by there site everyday.....until they left.

They must be doing the ol'd REORGINIZING.
    Trying to compete with Ryan looks like a issue all of a sudden...
    N

10. carcrz

They're still around. I have a couple application accounts in Independence that they do next door to me. Kinda stinks for me because they are on the lower price range so I'm stuck w/ my prices until they're gone.