Scott's four step program

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by jlutzel, Apr 21, 2013.

1. jlutzel

jlutzel LawnSite Member

Does anyone use scott's four step program? Is it good?

2. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Getting better results switching to Lesco.

3. maynardGkeynes

maynardGkeynes LawnSite Senior Member

I don't like the idea of using pesticides and herbicides as a routine, need it or not, which is the Scotts, Chemlawn, etc approach to everything. It's like the over use of antibiotics in medicine, it causes all sorts of problems down the road.

4. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

I couldn't agree more. The current methods of needlessly applying pesticides in the landscape and over medicating ourselves are beginning to take their toll on our environment and our health. There are much better ways to take care of lawns and our bodies.

It's time to stop being stupid.

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

To the customer...it does not look professional. They could buy and use Scotts Four Step themselves or worse yet one of the generic quality low price brands--they are similar.
    If you are professional, you will have better knowledge. Better equipment. And better products. Along with license, training , education and more experience.
    The inadequate weed control from weed and feed products will cause customers to leave quick. Read a few hundred posts here--its a cheap education.

6. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Once we accurately define , STUPID we may be in agreement one day... :)

7. phasthound

For what it's worth, Scott's Lawn Care Companies do not use Scott's four step program.

8. phasthound

Be my quest.

9. Colonel Forbin

Colonel Forbin LawnSite Member

For off the shelf product greenview products have a better chemical makeup. I got two big bags of step 1 for free this I'm laying it down tomorrow at my house ill post the results in a couple weeks

10. maynardGkeynes

maynardGkeynes LawnSite Senior Member

Why is it free?