Scott's four step program

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by jlutzel, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Colonel Forbin

Colonel Forbin LawnSite Member

I have a friend who is a distributor who really likes me. As a home caring for 1.3 acres I use my resources whenever I can. I'm on the fence if I should go to step 2 go to green view or go back to lesco

2. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

You hit it on the nail :clapping::clapping:

3. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

You'd be surprised how many people do not believe that. I had one guy swear up and down that Yankee Stadium was done with the 4 step. Scotts manufactured perhaps, but I can guarantee no weed n feed ever is used. After about 30 seconds of conversation I had to walk away.

4. Skipster

Skipster LawnSite Bronze Member

I think the Scotts thing with MLB is just a naming rights deal. Most parks hire their own sports turf manager who does the work with his own crew and buys products from whoever he likes or whoever gives him the best deal. I don't know if Scotts Lawn Service does the spray work for any parks, but I do know that TG does the spray work for a couple of stadiums. I know a lot of small shops who do minor league work.

To my knowledge, no one in MLB uses Scotts manufactured product. It just a name and money thing.

5. maynardGkeynes

maynardGkeynes LawnSite Senior Member

Scott's MLB seed uses the exact same cultivars used in the designated ball parks, but there was no claim that the ball parks themselves use Scott's products, either seed or fert. Just so happens, I bought a few bags of the Great American Ballpark blend on closeout, out of curiosity. I was impressed. Definitely a quality product, all top cultivars in NTEP trials, about the best consumer seed blend I ever saw. But, I'm thinking Scott's may have given up on it, because they seem to have taken most of the info off the website. Too bad, in a way, because it was a true premium product, and there is a need for that.