1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

SCOTT's Landscaper Products

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by kpyoung, Sep 10, 2001.

1. kpyoung

kpyoung LawnSite Member

Is anyone using the SCOTT's Landscaper Products (fertilizers)? What is the difference between them and their regular fertilizer products?
  2. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

Not real sure about the products,but usually it is all the same just diff.packaging and higher price.
  3. I've used some of both Scott's products, both the Landscapers and the residential type products. The Landscaper products the same size granule size as most normal fertilizers, they work well in a rotary spreader, while the Scott's homeowner grades are fine granules, better suited for drop spreaders. Cost is a big difference too, the Landscaper brands were cheaper than the homeowner brands. As far as performance, I was never impressed with the "Turfbuilder" products, I do like the Landscaper products better.
  4. thelandscaper27

thelandscaper27 LawnSite Member

I use Scotts on all my lawns. I tried all the cheap ones. I've seen all the results. I say stick with scotts. Can't go wrong.
  5. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

This is an important difference. If you have a broadcast (rotary) spreader, use the granules. If you don't have a broadcast spreader, buy one. Once you use one, you will never go back to a drop spreader. And non-commercial broadcast spreaders can be inexpensive.