scotts lawn care eq. pics

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by scotts lawn care, Nov 5, 2011.

1. scotts lawn care

scotts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Hey everybody. My name is scott, and i thought i would post pics of my mowers, trailer, and truck, which needs wash! I just finished my fall cleanups, so the mowers and trailer are clean and ready for storage.

I started my business in the spring of 99, and went full time in the spring of 05. I love working in the green industry, and being self employed!

Any questions about me or my business/equipment, feel free to ask, i enjoy talking shop. hope the pics turn out. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Falcon50EX

Falcon50EX LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

The outside looks good how does the inside look. Have you thought of painting the truck to match the trailer. If i may ask what was you full time job before starting full-time. Is it just you or how many do you have on your crew.

3. scotts lawn care

Right now the inside is packed full with all my equipment
    for storage till next spring. i do have racks on the walls
    once the spring cleanup season ends, and were mowing
    full time. a few cleanups ask me to haul away leaves, so we will load the front of the trailer, and then rake/pitch fork them out the side door, at the dump site.

yeah, im not crazy about having the black trailer/white truck. when i got the trailer my old truck was black. but then l really wanted a diesel, and got the 2004 chevy duramax. not sure what i should do, buy a white trailer, paint truck, were on the verge of buying another trailer/truck, i know that i like the white truck,looks WAY better dirty than my old black truck.:clapping:

before 2005, a was mowing 3 days a week, and the other 2 days i worked for a friend doing landscaping/tree work. they were doing lawn maintenance part time and wanted to focus more on design/build and tree trimming. so i bought them out, and the rest is history. :) i also got some good commercial snow accounts as well, which has been excellent.

as far as a crew, i have 2 part time employees that kind of alternate days. if one guy needs a week off, then the other will pick up the slack. its been nice to have 2, instead of 1 full timer.

4. MowingMowingMowing

MowingMowingMowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Looking good Scott! You do bleed green! The enclosed looks awesome as well!

5. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

you should paint/vinyl the front or back of the truck black at a 45 degree angle and do the same with the trailer in white and it would look uniform and awsome without full painting.

but it looks great now.

what kind of MPG do you get with that trailer?

6. scotts lawn care

hey not a bad idea! i have been getting 13-14 mpg with the duramax. 8.5x24 foot enclosed is a bit of a wind block.the trailer empty weighs almost 5k, and with the three mowers and small eq. im pulling close to 10k lbs. i had a 6.0 chevy 2500 hd, and that was bad for mpg. i was getting 7-8 mpg.

7. scotts lawn care

here is my snow removal set up :

tint 117.jpg

tint 117.jpg

8. eatonpcat

eatonpcat LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice...Your stuff looks great!

9. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm liking all the John Deere stuff. The plow rig looks good too

10. douglee25