1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Scotts Lawn Care

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Old Guy, Oct 1, 2002.

1. Old Guy

Old Guy LawnSite Member

I aerated a lawn yesterday that had a Scotts Fert sign in the yard. The owner says that Scotts does their lawn but I must say, it really looked like crap - thin lawn although irrigated, weeds etc. Does anyone have experience with Scotts? What are they putting down - their five step stuff? Seems a shame to pay big buck to have a lawn like that. I'm sure pure neglect would do just as well.
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The guy that owns the Scott's around this area (Saginaw, I think) does a pretty decent job. They use alot of N real early, so they have a quicker green than most others. (great marketing scheme) And their lawns are always quite dark. They never use Scott's fert, though.

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

In my area, they use the Scotts "commercial" product. Fairly decent stuff. The thing is, the guy doesn't have a clue about agronomics.

Some of the worst lawns I've ever seen had a Scotts flag in it.

Shows you the sheer POWER of a name!
  4. hustlers

hustlers LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

their service around here sucks
    they do keep a nice dark green
    lawn as long as it had water
    or burnt.
    36-0-8 in the spring app
  5. Sad but, Amen!!!!
  6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic