Scotts Lawn Stopped By

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by gregory, Feb 28, 2008.

1. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

a rep from scotts lawn stopped by my house the other day and left me some info and called the house phone like every day..i am not in the LCO buiness but i read his stuff and seen the price holy **** $4200.00 per year to take care of my 42k sq ft of st augustine holy **** and that doesn't include the trees or shrubs...he went on telling me what a great deal that price was and how great there fertilizer is...holy **** what a price

2. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

You should invite him out to do another estimate and have your Z sitting in the garage and see what he says! :laugh:

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Hey,...for 42k,...Let's see,...for a 6 application program,...that is the low low price of $700 per application! :laugh:

4. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Karl--That's just plain hilarious. And to think that their price of piss (Urea), water, and a little iron would surpass the price of gas. They must be in league with George Bush and his posse.

5. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I could drive down to your home for each application and still make good money at that price! :laugh:

6. SpreadNSpray

SpreadNSpray LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

How did you and the sales guy keep a strait face?

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Actually, they probably DO do around 12 aps., with the fire ant control, and all that, but even then, this would be high.

8. bj22

bj22 LawnSite Member
    from ny

Guys lookin for a early vacation

9. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

yeah that price is kinda high .. but scotts does great work they have been taking care of my lawn for the last 3 years and its never looked better

10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Karl

Do us all a favor. Get the sales Rep to put his program and price in Writing. Then turn it over to Larry Mitchell of the Dept of Ag & Consumer Service Bureau of Entomology & Pest Control, 239 278 7200 Ft Myers, Fla.

Or Better yet Call Wink TV Comsumer Affairs.