Scotts lawnService. Any in your Area?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by kaufmaninc, Jun 20, 2003.

1. kaufmaninc

kaufmaninc LawnSite Member

What do y'all know about the Franchised Scott's LawnService. They seem to be expanding rapidly & have a heck of a marketing program behind them. I'd think this would be a good opportunity for someone wanting to expand into Ferts while using the best marketed brand recognized name in the industry. What are everyone's opinions?????

2. rkk95

rkk95 LawnSite Member
    from west PA

The only reason that they are expanding is because they are buying everyone in the area. Personaly I have heard nothing good from any of their customers, or should I say former customers. If you want to sell they are the ones to talk to, they pay on a set price, not on the customers that they keep.

3. kaufmaninc

kaufmaninc LawnSite Member

I did read that they were buying alot of different players in your area. It's definately a change. Things happen because of the people that control the oganization. What about the Franhised stores that have everyday Joe's like you & I running them & making a living?

4. rkk95

rkk95 LawnSite Member
    from west PA

I didn't know that they sold franchise, I personaly would never go into a franchise, you will always be answering to them, and you will always be paying them. There is another recent thread on here about franchise buisnesses, I think that it was about the weedman franchise.