1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Scotts Organic Choice Lawn Food

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawnboy246, Sep 21, 2007.

1. lawnboy246

lawnboy246 LawnSite Member
    from 22033

Been using Lesco products for several years now and have been wanting to incorporate some organic fertilizer into my lawn program. I saw Scott's recently came out with Scotts Organic Choice Lawn Food. Interested in feedback on this product and it is beneficial. My lawn is looking great and just aerated, applied top dressing, and seeded last week.

To have a combination program, it is better to stick with organic products in the spring/summer and synthetic fertilizers in the fall?
  2. lawnboy246

from 22033

Anyone familiar with this?
  3. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

if you already topdressed, isn't that pretty much the same as giving your lawn a shot of organic fert?
  4. lawnboy246

from 22033

Correct, it is good for now...but I am more looking at going forward.
  5. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Would have to see a label for the Scotts organics. I use Sustane from Lesco on my lawn, and synthetic or "bridge" products on my customers. I have the nicest lawn in the neighborhood by far using the Sustane. I use 0-0-7 Dimension, split apps for CG, and spot spray weeds as needed. So far used very little herbicide. I get a nice thick lawn, no surge growth, good color.
    My customers get synthetics for the most part, mostly because nobody wants to pay for the organics. Same price per bag, but a bag only does 250', not 12000', and that gets very $$$
  6. lawnboy246

from 22033

Q. What is the product made of?
    A. Primarily protein ingredients derived from Hydrolyzed Feather Meal, Meat Meal, Bone Meal (bovine-free), Blood Meal and Sulfate of Potash.

1. Nitrogen: derived from feather meal, blood meal, meat meal, bone meal
    2. Phosphorus: derived frm bone meal
    3. Potassium: derived from sulfate potash, which is a mined mineral from the Great Salt Lak

Do you use the 4-6-4 SUSTANE LANDSCAPERS version?