Scotts pricing info??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GarPA, Feb 4, 2003.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Scotts is starting to make their presence felt here but I dont have any info on them yet..do any of you have any 2002/2003 marketing brochures?....I'd like to have an idea how they are pricing in their mass mailings....like it or not, Scotts does have a strong "brand" name and are well thought of by many homeowners...I might ignore TruBurn, but I wont ignore Scotts...thanks for the Scotts info if you have any

2. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

I haven't seen anything yet but I have people who will send it to me.

Last year Scott's bought out the company I worked for and kept the prices the same for that year. I'm curious to see how they price this year. From the people I talked to that had them, they are a lot like TGC with the endless number of applications and sales calls. When they took over the company I worked for and be fore I was out, their plan was for growth,growth and growth. Not a word about retention.

I think their name recognition helps more in the urban markets but where I'm at more people like local operators.
    I'll let you knowif I see anything.

3. Green Sweep

Green Sweep LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Pittsburgh, PA

What part of PA are you in? Here, in wetern PA they are certainly growing. I expect to receive a mailer within a few weeks. When they started here, their prices were really high - $15 - $20 more per app than the average. I know that they dropped their prices & will match prices to compete. I am seeing more & more Scotts flags all over Pittsbugh.

Rob

4. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Rob...i'm in central pa....