Scott's Pro Landscape Company Pics

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ghunter502, Mar 24, 2011.

1. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice fleet of trucks and equipment you got there!

2. ghunter502

ghunter502 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

Thanks. We have 14 trucks overall and most of our success comes from great customer service, size of company, great employees and referrals

3. Dan85

Dan85 LawnSite Member

Nice equipment - that's quite an operation you have going on there.

We have two 5111's as well. Are you considering stepping up to anything larger than the jakes when you're ready to replace them or are you satisfied with running that size machine? I only mention it because two years ago we invested in a 21' batwing mower to help cut a larger property we maintain and it's made a world of difference.

4. GrayM

GrayM LawnSite Member

Dang! add a hardscaping crew and that's EXACTLY my dream business. how long were you in business before you started adding crews?

5. ghunter502

from Kansas

2 years of so

6. ghunter502

from Kansas

What 21' batwing mower do you own. We use5111's because we can haul 7 of them easier on trailers the properties we mow with them are about 50 miles away easier to trailer.

7. Dan85

Dan85 LawnSite Member

We have a Landpride HR22M pulled by a New Holland TN75s - I have a few pictures of it on my profile. I noticed in the picture with the Jakes it looked like a manufacturing plant, which is what we do and we store ours there, so that's what made me think of it.

It must be a site to see hauling seven of those mowers! How many do you get on a trailer and what kind of setup do you have? The tractor and batwing mower was an oversize load, so we had to have it hauled on a lowboy.

8. ghunter502

from Kansas

That is our problem we have 5 properties like the one we have in the picture which are about 75 miles apart in separate directions and some smaller properties in which we have to have them close to home. It would make it difficult if we had a machine like that to transport back and forth between properties. That is why we use the 5111's easy transport and yes it is a site when we haul these. We put 2 on a trailer and haul a 6150 as well when we mow these properties. The maneuverability of the HR's around everything makes it easier as well 12' zero turns it would be a time killer to use a 21' mower around everything we have to mow around. I would love to use a 21' mower it would be great.

9. ghunter502

from Kansas

Irrigation was our second crew behind the mowing. Mowing is our bread and butter. We felt like we were leaving to much money on the table with our current customer base that is why I expanded to every aspect of Lawn mowing and maintenance, Landscape, Irrigation, and Snow removal. I don't really even get in the field anymore (kinda sucks) because I really liked getting my hand dirty. I still go out on snow removal and some of our big rough cut jobs. For the most part I meet with customers, bids, check on some employees, and take care of all the other business aspects. I do still enjoy what I do though.

10. GrayM

GrayM LawnSite Member

Just sent you a PM.

I hear you about not being in the field. I've always wanted to be a businessman and work for myself. I chose this field because I like being outside and getting dirty, but ultimately I want to run a business. No matter how big I get I think I'll always take a day every now and then to put on the company t shirt and work with my guys.