Scotts Speedy Green 3000 spreader setting for fungicide

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by NJgunner, Jul 20, 2013.

1. NJgunner

NJgunner LawnSite Member

I have a bag of Prophecy .72 fungicide to apply to 5k square feet of kentucky bluegrass. I believe it should be set on 3 but I want to confirm because the bag is $70 for 25 lbs. I will be applying about 12lbs. thanks
  2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know, Gunner, but i think I would go at a lower rate say # 2...and...then go over it again...adjusting it more or less based on the first go-around. Use your bathroom scales to weigh out 12 pounds to start with. Mark your container or spreader at the 12 pound level for future reference. Mark you spreader with a permanent marker for future reference as to the proper setting for next month or next year.
    Fungicides can be costly. A professional will have liquid application equipment, and experience at applying the right amount. And with luck he will be able to diagnose whatever disease you have. Worth a little extra cost.
  3. NJgunner

NJgunner LawnSite Member

Thanks, that worked out. I actually had the bathroom scale out to measure it as well.I brought grass samples to my john deere dealer he is familiar with my terrain and I also had pictures. The temps have been 90+ and extremely humid, really bad for disease this year.

I am going to try and prevent it next year but for now i will use the prophecy and reapply the other 12.5lbs in two weeks. Thanks
  4. kirk1701

kirk1701 LawnSite Gold Member

Don't know if this will help but I was told by JD Landscape the numbers on the speedy green represent pounds/per 1000

3 - 3Lb/1000
  5. LandscapeSavannah

LandscapeSavannah LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

I would be using liquid. We are seeing every spot and patch in the book with nearly rain everyday. It seems all were spraying is fungicide and insecticide right now. A little granular fert but things are difficult when it literally is raining on and off all day.