1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Scotts, Tru-G contract language

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Whitey4, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Does anyone know how the Scotts, TruGreen etc contracts read as far as cancelling? They are closing their contracts now, and I just got a "free lawn report offer" from Scotts in the mail yesterday. Do they try to hit people with penalties if they try to cancel? Do they bill as they apply, or ask for a deposit? Is it easier to cancel if they haven't done the first app yet?

2. Hissing Cobra

Hissing Cobra LawnSite Senior Member

Well, since I used to work for Scotts (McDonald's of lawn care) I can inform you of their policy. With them, you can cancel at anytime - as long as your bill is paid in full. There is no penalty if you cancel. If you're a pre-paying customer, you will be refunded for any services that have not yet taken place.

I'm not sure about Tru-Green.
  3. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks, HC. Trying to close a customer tomorrow... hate that I don't have control over the timing of the Pre-M... I'd rather not aerate after it's applied if I had my druthers. In fact, I'd rather over seed this lawn and use Tupersan as my Pre-M. Killer is, if I do all the right things, it just makes them look good. First attempt at taking one away from a national. Should at least be interesting!