Scotts Turf Builder with Weed control

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by precator, Jun 14, 2008.

1. precator

precator LawnSite Member

I just applied this at 9 am this morning and was told it needed to stay dry for 24 hours. It is supposed to rain tonight starting at 10 pm. Do you guys think it will be ok? Should i reapply it in a couple days when there is no rain scheduled? I didnt realize it needed 24 hours without rain until after i put it down...

2. PSUTURFGEEK

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

You might get some kill, I havn't used a product like this in some time but I always got the best results when I applied it in the morning with the dew and let it dry as the day went on, another good way is after a rain storm if it'snot gonna be very hot that day, this type of treatment isn't supposed to get watered in.

3. precator

precator LawnSite Member

should I be using a different product? I am very new at this lawn stuff and would like the best lawn as possible. I am located in nj and my grass is bluegrass. I have a sprinkler system already and would love great advice on how to make my lawn very nice. Currently I have a lot of clovers and the weeds with the white flowers on them.. Any help would be appreciated :)

4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Four hours is probably enough for the Scotts to be absorbed. Wait and see after a couple of weeks. A liquid weed control such as Weed B Gone Max would be a better choice. Use a one gallon pump up sprayer and spot spray. (Or spray overall if you need to).

5. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

Granular weed control is not very successful on clover. Please do not reapply again in a few days as you will be a over-applying both the weed control and fertilizer. Clover thrives in low nitrogen conditions so once you get rid of it with a liquid weed control and get the proper amount of nitrogen regularly applied it should no longer appear.

6. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Where in NJ are you

7. precator

precator LawnSite Member

I am located in hazlet,nj