Scotts vs. Lesco

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Shuter, Jun 3, 2003.

1. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I know we talk about this sometimes, but I will ask anyway, what are your opinions on Scotts fert vs. Lesco??

2. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you talking about Scotts that is sold through The Andersons or the Scotts that is sold at Home Depot????

3. What about Lange, Lebanon, Howard Johnson, Symbiot, United Hoprt., Parex?

4. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

I acquire material based upon content, not packaging. Therefore, I am not brand loyal or company loyal.
    That said, I use a great deal of Lesco products, essentially none of Scotts.
    I have spoken to distributors from other companies, and the flexibility isn't there like it is at Lesco.
    I have acquired many times, non Lesco brand material from the service center - none of it was Scotts. A bunch UHS, some others mentioned.

5. That is UHS...Untied Horticulture Supply.

6. kaufmaninc

kaufmaninc LawnSite Member

I still don't see a clear answer. What about the products coming form the Anderson group? What really is the difference? Marketing? I'd bet the products are very similar side by side.

2ndly: what do y'all know about the franchises that Scotts is offering?

7. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

I've used both Lesco and Anderson since the mid 80's. Both are good products. Take your pick. Scotts, expensive and over-rated.

Mike

8. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

I thought I was very clear. I won't pay for the name, only what I know to be efficacious product - hence my post.

9. azturfpro

azturfpro LawnSite Member
    from arizona

I use lesco or simplot for all my fertilizer needs .

10. azturfpro

azturfpro LawnSite Member
    from arizona

I use lesco or simplot for all my fertilizer needs .