scraper attachment for ct332

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by P.Services, Nov 15, 2008.

Tags:
  1. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

what do you guys think about making a attachment thats a mix of a ashland scraper and bobcat rons haul wagon (what ever its called)

it would load like the ashland but dump like the wagon. it would have two big wheels up front and then a hydraulic cylinder that lowers the cutting edge to cut/load. with the hydro to lower the cutting edge i can keep the loader arms braced up against the machine and it would be easier to cut small amounts then using the bucket curl to lower the edge.

im thinking 84'' wide 60'' deep and 36'' tall to hold about 4 heaped yards.

was any one able to follow this idea? thoughts?

2. P.Services

3. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

What would be the reason for having one? What would be the advantages over a bucket?

4. P.Services

5. P.Services

so i could move alot more dirt farther distances and still be productive.

when its to far to move one bucket at a time but not far enough to justify loading it into a truck to move it. or in to poor of conditions to run a truck in.

6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

The Ashland loads and dumps like you want, but it uses the aux. hydraulics to drop the edge down to load, it still doesn't hold nearly as much as a dumping hopper.
    You still have better control of how much you dig with just a regular bucket, especially in soft conditions.
    [​IMG]
    You could spend a couple thousand dollars modifying a Bobcat dumping hopper to act like a scraper pan, use a cylinder to close/open the gate, but then you are still better off just using the hopper like it is or just buy the Ashland kit.

7. GradeMan

GradeMan LawnSite Member
    from canada

Just get a dozer...
    How about a little dozer blade attachment? Do they work on a skid?

8. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Yes and no, they are good for short pushing, but anything longer than 100 feet, a bucket can do a better job, you really need to do trough pushing, I've done 200 foot passes with a D4 and that's productive, but with a skid steer, forget it, I would rather bring in my hopper.

9. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Personally, I dont see the purpose of the scraper, I believe you could be just as productive and make more accurate cuts with a bucket, there would probably be more money involved to get it fabbed than its worth.

10. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Ron,
    How has that hopper held up. The more I see it and talk about it, the more I see a tremendous use for it.....