scraper attachment for ct332

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by P.Services, Nov 15, 2008.

Tags:
  1. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

JR. Ashlands cost any where from $14000 to $15000. So making a modification, that might or might not work IS going to be a costly.

J.

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i would NEVER buy a ashland. thats half the price of a good low hour dozer.

i figure i could have one built for arou 5-7k. is it worth it probly not. but maybe.

3. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I had no clue they cost that much, seems really pricey, just forget I ever said anything about modifying one...

4. J. Peterson Grading

from IA

I have seen some diecient Komatsu D21s (The size I would get for my needs) on ebay and machinery trader selling anywhere from 12000 to 22000.

I saw a sweet one with cab, heat, air, and joystick steering go for $20000 a few weeks ago.

I would have snatched it up, if i wasn't diverting all funds to snow removal. lol

But something nice about an ashland. WAY LESS MAINTANCE over a dover. Everything is right there. easy to get at. No tracks to go bad, no motor, no tranny, etc. And when you aren't using it, drop it and you don't feel quite as bad about seeing it sit.

I have a friend thats got a 9 yard pull type ashland for his farm. Its built tough, and works everytime they hook it up.

j.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  5. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Exactly, I had a rock bucket built that was the same way. 'I can build it for half'...then "it takes alot of steel, gonna need more'...then 'it took way longer, sorry'. I ended up with more than I would have just bought one and it wasn't as nice.

6. J. Peterson Grading

from IA

Aren't we just suckers? lol

7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I can see a dumping hopper being converted into a scraper style, drop the bottom out, weld a hinge on the back and use 2 cylinders to raise and lower it with a cutting edge on the front, then you would also need an end gate to open simultaneously while the bottom lowers down.
    The depth adjustments would be using the auxiliaries. When it gets full, pull the bottom up and dump.
    The only problem is the cylinders need to be at least 4" in diameter to handle lifting the bottom up while loading.
    It can be done.

8. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

I remember seeing an Ashland scraper hooked up to the rear 2" receiver of a ASV 4810 about 6-7 years ago. I think it was a 3 yarder. You would have to be able to move alot of dirt to justify the cost.