Scraping the deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BladeRunner1967, Jun 1, 2004.

1. BladeRunner1967

BladeRunner1967 LawnSite Member

Other than the ramp method of scraping any other ideas out there? I was thinking about a pulley system that would raise the mower at a 45 degree angle or something. I'm not opposed to the ramp, just don't think its too safe. Of course raising your z isn't exactly safe either.

thanks.

2. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 LawnSite Member

this is what i do with a ZTR. lift up the front part of the Z and have someone slide a jack under a caster tire. Jack it up as far as it can go, then put two safety jacks under stable places. As far as scraping, i hate doing it the conventional way by using a puddy knife. I use a power washer gets everything off in a couple of minutes.

3. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Get one of those jacks that go on the bottom of the deck and then you pull it down and it lifts the mower up, they cost about 180 around here and will save you tons of effort. You could always use the pulley system, thats what some dealers do around here, just rope it around the frame and lift her up.

4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I use a 3 ton floor jack. I've been toying with the idea with an engine hoist, just so I could support both sides of the mower, but I've been doing it with a floor jack for 16 years and don't have a flat head yet.:eek: