1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Screamin green!!!! anyone have some testimonials!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassman177, Dec 2, 2009.

1. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

ok now some $$ # crunching
    --(use rate as close to recommended as possible while still comparing the same ammount of ai--i dont have a lablel for NP yet)
    last years (spring 09) product
    cost per / K (12k/bag) = 1.72

NP Blend -current pricing i recieved
    cost per / K (10k/bag) = 2.27

so to treat my 8.5 mil sq ft will cost me 4675 more than last year
    not the direction i want to go, considering i hear fert prices are lower now than last year

is my math right?
    any one else got any pricing yet? up or down?

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Do they offer it with Dimenion? My NP pricing only shows it with Cavalcade .37% AI which is Barricade... Mine shows $18.50 bag=12,500 sq. ft./bag =$1.48/k

Of course, less than truckload quantities would be more costly......
  3. jbturf

yah, they do offer dimension, you gotta call for pricing though,
    i was qouted for truckload prices
    they must be getting bent over on the dimension- im guessing?

but i gotta get some more pricing still, b4 i make final decision
    i was told by jdl- that there cost on dow products has gone down,
    so expect to see it on my end as well
  4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

from my usual supplier i was quoted 16.50 per bag of the normal 15-3-5 with .375 barricade that i have always used that is NOT NP. also, a 16-0-12ish with the same barricade but 43%MESA for 18.50 per bag. i am interested to see what Barry can offer me. i have to check my emial again for the info from him
  5. jbturf

16-0-12 43%mesa .375 barricade
    sound like a very nice blend for the price
    potash still seems to be pricey
    do you have a label for that product?
    have you used mesa products b4?
  6. grassman177

yeah, the mesa is great. we switched to a mesa product this year for our fert and grub , it was close to the same N as the regular slow release we used, but this year it did not grow as bad and had a nice steady green. i dont have a label, i have never used this mesa with barricade. it is new to me but have confidence in it being a great product.
  7. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Gassman that's what we have been using on our lawns for years now. Mesa w/ Barricade. Big difference in color and growth patterns. Last year we used SCU w/ Barricade from jdl, what a difference!! More flushing of growth, granted we had record rainfalls, but this year back to Mesa, if the price compares.
  8. grassman177

yeah, i liked the mesa alot. i want to incorporate more orgainc materials into my fert program but have to at the same price for now, and that is hard to find. that is why i want as many testimonials for the nutrients plus brand as i can get before i finalize my program for next year.

anyone else used the nutrients plus ferts of any kind?
  9. sweetjetskier

sweetjetskier LawnSite Senior Member

If you are looking at comparing organic based ferts and can find it, we had loved a product from Biobasics, 10-1-10 with poultry manure, humates, molasses,nutralene, iron and others.

Spread nice, dusty like most oragnic based tend to be, excellant color results, cost was not not all that much more than SCU per bag, but cost per 1000k was higher with more material needed.

The distibutor we used closed up a while back and no local guys have it.

Just another possible option for everyone.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Can you buy Screamin green some place like JDL/Lesco or Horizon or do you have to order it?