Screamin Green

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by phasthound, Sep 4, 2012.

1. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

I thought it appropriate to separate this from the Suma Green threads.

Just want to clarify;
    Screamin Green 16-2-3 granular fertilizer is OMRI listed composted poultry manure and EPA EQ Biosolids blended with Urea, SCU, Ammonium Sulfate and Sulfate of Potash. The makers, Nutrients PLUS, make no claims that it is an organic product or that it will increase soil OM.

2. phasthound

Screamin Green 16-2-3 is 40% OM, Whole Shabang 6-2-4 is 50% OM, Dynamic Duo 4-3-1 is 55% OM.

This does not mean that the remainder of these products are synthetic chemicals. Organic Matter is measured by weighing product before and after burning the carbon content off.

Nutrients PLUS OMRI listed 4-4-2 is pure composted poultry manure and is measured at 50% OM by the burn method.

3. BikePilot

BikePilot LawnSite Member

Phasthound,

Just curious and hope you don't take it as stupid question. How would you compare your results with Screamin Green to synthetic fertilizers?

What is typical price for a bag of Screamin Green?

Thanks

4. phasthound

BikePilot, nothing stupid about your question. I like the results. The price depends upon volume, $22 to $16 including shipping.

5. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Bidding another "green" job with xeriscape and school kids. I am most qualified but could always learn something.

subscribe

6. I guess it would depend on what synthetic fert you are referring to.

Most of the nutrient plus products are a bridge or fortified organic fertilizer

7. phasthound

A 3 year study completed in 2010 by Virginia Tech showed Screamin Green 16-2-3 and Lesco 28-5-12 had the same color and quality rating. Screamin Green used 1/3 less N while adding 10lbs OM/K.

PM me for more information.