Screwed: what would you do?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SodKing, Mar 19, 2005.

1. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Here it is...The local Irish group has a yearly show (my daughter dances in it) and they put out a 20 page program for which local businesses can purchase ads. I bought a half page and sent them my approved copy.

I go to the show and look through the program and come across my add. It seems they chose to alter it. They went to my website and put a logo that didn't print out in black and white woo well, didn't include the other graphic I had in there, listed my chemical program with an additional application they made up, Screwed up the slogan line for the show, didn't list my additional services, and PRINTED THE WRONG PHONE #.

The best part is I am livid and it is my mother-in-law who runs the show!!!

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Unfortunately the Irish are very seldom sober when they print these things up, especially around St. Patty's Day.

If it's screwed up that badly, I'd demand a full refund.
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I agree...full's totaly worthless to you with the wrong phone #. Also, I would CERTAINLY want to get to the bottom of finding out whoever put this "additional ap" in. That's just a bunch of bull.
  4. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Seth, ask for a full refund...I would push the issue with the MIL...she is family, and should have noticed it was wrong if she is in charge of it, right? :D Or maybe you are on her **** list for something, and she was evening the score ;)

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Sure an begorrah!

You got screwed by your mother in law-n!

Don't feel so bad most people don't read those ads anyway they just look for their kids name and toss it in a scrapbook.

This one undoubtedly will cause some hell at the Easter dinner.
  6. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

You should get your money back, an explanation of why they changed your ad copy, and/or a free ad next year.
  7. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

Bingo this is what I was thinking!!
  8. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

Call the wrong number... see if an Irish LCO answers the phone.
  9. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Now, change this from Irish to Black, and from St Patty's Day to Martin Luther King day, and it would be totally unacceptable. You would most likely be banned for life. Why is it OK to do racist stuff against white folks? This raises my Irish temper. Where's my bottle, I need a drink.
  10. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Hey Erik,

It only cost me 10 bucks and a pint of green beer to get your mother-in-law to put my phone number in your ad! :D