Scrub Company for sale.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by proenterprises, May 27, 2005.

1. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

That equipment is really "HOT" :dizzy: I wonder if he'll get that for his price?

2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

He says the price includes a "work van". Since when is a Caravan a "work van"??????

3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I was wondering the same thing.

4. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

He does at least offer "Worldwide" shipping. LOL

5. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

When mine got to the junk yard I didn't get crap for it

6. eshreve1234

eshreve1234 LawnSite Member

Next month's Turf mag. cover?

7. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

my bad i wasn't thinking... you guys are rite junk yards don't give much, maybe $50.... i don't know where i was pulling those figures, late @ nite all i have to say.

8. mbricker

mbricker LawnSite Senior Member

Whoa, I think I am having a flash of inspiration!

There are people on here fairly often asking, "Should I buy this lawn service?" Do a search on posts by "Vanessa." And I have seen several instances locally where a small time lawn service was sold to some newby for a few bucks more than I would think it was worth. The usual rule here is "a month's revenue for the accounts and whatever the equipment is worth in its current condition." I know that varies from one part of the country to another. But even here I have heard of people paying 2 or 2 1/2 month's revenue.

So apparently there are people who want to be in the lawn business and who do not want to build it for themself. Well, I have already experienced that. I sold the bulk of my accounts and a Grasshopper early this year, so I could get a job that provides health insurance. So now, as some are aware, I do the lawn-thang part-time, have a whole 7 lawns and spend about 3 hours a week at it. Five are small lawns that could all be done with a 21".

But what if? I build my accounts to maybe 12 little lawns, and advertise "Lucrative part-time business. Half a day weekly grosses you $1500 a month. Established part-time lawn mowing business, all you need is a small pick-up, all necessary equipment included with accounts. Great expansion potential. " We all know a lot of people (who have never been in the business) think a couple of cans of gas a week is the only expense.

Think I would get a lot of calls?

9. Texas Mowem

Texas Mowem LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Maybe !.......

10. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone else wonder why the location is honolulu HI, but the name of the service is Seattle?????

Its the special Dodge Caravan HD model.....Every single tool available at Home Depot or Lowes....:)