Scrub idea

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by chuck_jax, Jul 26, 2005.

1. chuck_jax

chuck_jax LawnSite Member

Besides being labeled as a scrub, what happens to the guy who whores down his price that he buys a neighborhood? Yeah, his rates are low, but his density goes up. Instead of a single guy doing, say, 10 lawns per day, he can get 15-20 done because he rides his jobs are on top of each other.

Thoughts?

2. Scotts' Yard Care

Scotts' Yard Care LawnSite Senior Member

but if you could group lawns close and tight then your travel times or lack there of , could allow you to knock a few bucks off. My dream.... drop and pick up loading ramps once a day :D

3. sooner74

sooner74 LawnSite Member
    from UT

10 lawns for $30 versus 15 lawns for $20 bucks. You do the math, but I am the one making $30. Why work harder than you already do to make the same amount of money? JMO

4. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

I going that route...schrub.....the big compaines around here are doing it, if I can secure 3 whole blocks in this area I'll be rolling in the $$....its the way to go!!! $17.99 a lawn!!!!Front and Back!!!

5. SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC LawnSite Member

17.99 A LAWN ? :dizzy: ..........YOUD BE BETTER OF WORKING AT WAL MART AFTER EXPENSES. AT LEAST WORKING THERE YOU WOULDNT ROAST OR FREEZE TO DEATH FOR YOUR MINIMUM WAGE.

6. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

18 buck a loawn, id quit firt, and your not going to get the whole block doesnt work that way.......maybe in a few years you could get most of it,,,,,,,,

7. Reliable Lawn Care

Reliable Lawn Care LawnSite Member

You will need my address Toy 2. I will gladly pay your price, can I please have you mow every Wed, that is my light day. That way I can really get my $17.99 worth by being able to watch you in action from my lawn chair on my deck. PS., I am kind of picky about the weed eating and edging please.
    Thanks, Signed, Reliable

8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Some people scare me.....

I would hate for a comapny come to my home and work for that little,

with a price like that there's NO way he can afford insurance, and sure as S*&^ he would get hurt and then wanna sue me.....

If it's to good to be true .....

9. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

Hey ,I only get my front cut? .....so is that $8.90?.....sign me up too!!!!!!! :sleeping: