Scrub LCO's using illegal aliens risking our future?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bluesteel, Feb 15, 2003.

1. I'd like to hear some low-life justifications for using/tolerating illegal aliens.

2. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

There's no justification for using illegal workers.

How do you know they're illegal?

3. My eyes are open. That's how I know. Anyway, how I know IS NOT THE POINT. We all know it goes on. I'd just like to hear some rationalizations for creating such a flood of cheap workers that scum comes floating in with all the rest.

4. NC Big Daddy

NC Big Daddy LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like you've got some pent up frustrations. Maybe you should try building your company instead of trying to blame other's for a perceived wrong doing. That boatload of hate isn't going to do you any good. Just a thought.

5. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

If you know that someone is operating with illegal aliens, turn them in! Simple as that. If you don't, you are as bad as they are.

This was a heated debate here a couple months ago. Do a search and read those threads. All has been said that needs to be said.

Besides, the real scum are the companies hiring the illegals. They need to be stopped, then the illegals will stop.

6. Organix

Organix LawnSite Member

boo freaking hoo......i feel the same way about oakies.

7. imalandscper

imalandscper LawnSite Member

I agree with randy......Hello nieghbor!

8. You boys are wrong … again. Forget about staying on topic, lol. You think of ramming planes loaded with fuel into the World Trade Center as a “perceived” wrong? This is not the same topic that I brought up a few months ago, maybe you should go back and read it before coming off so pompous and lazy. Besides, your arguement stinks. Does someone have to "know" a drug dealer to protest it and label it as wrong? Learn to spell, lest you read like an Okie. This has nothing to do with anyone’s ethnicity, or hate, its about Love for America and wanting to preserve it. Only three types of people defend hiring illegal aliens; idiots, people that are doing it, and those that are one!

9. Organix

Organix LawnSite Member

you sound panicked man. Most of the 9/11 hijackers were here legally so who's the idiot now. :D

Not sure if your complaining because of job security or homeland security.

In California I probably have to contend with this kind of Compton more than you do. Many of the Hispanic gardeners are probably not illegal, but I bet they do hire some illegal labor sometimes. The real problem of how that relates to us is the fact that they drive down prices.

I think that has more to do with the language barrier than their immigration status. These folks are willing to work for less. I personally do not begrudge anyone trying to make a better life for themselves.

From what I have personally seen, and this is not always true, is many of these folks do really poor quality work. So it is not hard to differentiate yourself by providing quality services.

I also think that we as an industry should not fear these folks, but rather try to help them the realize a higher level of professionalism, and not sell themselves, and us short.

I also think that there is no way you could possibly know if they are illegal or not. Even the day workers that stand on the street sometimes have green cards as migrant farm workers that are temporarily out of work.

One thing for sure, no Hispanics have ever done any terrorist acts here. So I think YOU sound like a real idiot for trying to lump those things together.

10. Once again, you're wrong. I didn't mention Hispanics or any other ethicity, you did. So who's looking like a bigot? Its not about competition, that would be yet another topic. Again, the topic is: Scab LCO's creating a demand for floods of ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, and putting our country at risk. I'd like to hear some rationalizations for it. Doesn't sound like there are any. Just small minded people who can't stay on topic (or maybe its hitting alittle close to home) and they have to attack the messenger, lol.